We often lavish tender loving care on pricey purchases, such as our cars or handbags. Jewellery is not an exception, especially given its delicate size.
Consistent care and attention for your jewels would ensure that they look pristine for longer. Rose gold in particular requires extra attention because if not stored properly may result in tarnishing.
Here are some steps we recommend to care for your JEOEL product.
The Golden Rule: take off accessory first before undressing, put it on last after dressing.
- Limit contact with water and moisture
- Frequent washing may cause the gold plating on your jewellery to wear off. Remove your jewellery before you wash, shower, swim or go to the gym.
- Wipe accessory before and after wearing to keep it moisture and chemical free
- Clean/polish frequently by gently rubbing it with a soft cloth to maintain its luster.
- Avoid contact with bodycare products, cosmetics and other chemicals
- Wear your accessory last AFTER applying bodycare products (such as lotions, perfumes, hairspray, soaps, and aerosols).
- Avoid scratches on your jewellery
- Store jewellery individually in original packaging, soft pouch or air tight plastic bag.
- Avoid storing many pieces together in a bunch as they might scratch each other too.
- Avoid knocking your jewellery against hard surfaces
- Accessory may become damaged from the impact; chips, scratches or breakage may occur.
- Tables and the corners of windows and doors are often places of accidents.
- Make sure the area where the accessory is kept is dry and cool.
- Store with a piece of chalk to absorb moisture and chemical residues in the air.
- Rose gold needs to be dried in an open space like your jewellery dresser table overnight before you store it back in a box. Drying it overnight allows any moisture to escape before storage.
JEOEL physical stores provide replating services for any JEOEL product. Just share with our sales staff your receipt together with your JEOEL jewellery, we will advise on the recommended fee which we charge at cost price, as an added value service for JEOEL customers.
We strictly do not accept jewellery from other brands for servicing.