Depaddle Sdn. Bhd, ("us", "we", or "our") operates www.jeoel.com (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data we receive from users of the Site.
The phrase “personal data” refers to data by which you or the device you are using to connect to the Internet can be identified.
Data We Collect
We may acquire personal data about you from several sources, including this and other JEOEL websites, mobile applications, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may acquire data about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties.
The types of personal data we may acquire include:
- Your contact data (such as name, Twitter handle, postal and email address, or phone number)
- Contact data of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address)
- Shipping data (including the shipping address and phone number)
- Demographic data (such as age, date of birth and gender)
- Data you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Location data, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile applications
- Shopping behaviour and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our websites
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the data provided to us by third parties
- Additionally, when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain data by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store data or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit data back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Omniture or Google), that collect data about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. The data we may collect by automated means includes:
- Data about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type)
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites
- Data on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites
How We Use the Data We Collect
We may use the data we acquire about you to:
- Enrol you for membership at our websites and websites under DeGem Berhad (415726-T), and manage and maintain your account on the sites
- Provide merchandise, products or services you request
- Validate, confirm, process, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone)
- Keep a record of the purchases you make on our sites
- Reply to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about JEOEL’s offers, products, services, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you from other brands under DeGem Berhad (415726-T)
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Publish your testimonials about JEOEL, including on our websites and blogs, and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and state)
- Administer your participation in our contests, sweepstakes, events, and other promotions
- Adapt our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Evaluate and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Examine trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites
- Safeguard against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Fulfil applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
We may combine the data we collect with publicly available data and data we receive from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined data to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the data we acquire about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Data We Share
We also may disclose data about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal data with any inquiries concerning the processing of that data.
We offer you certain choices about what data we collect from you, how we use and disclose the data, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal data. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to JEOEL’s use or disclosure of your personal data will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain JEOEL offerings or site features.
Here are the choices we offer:
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails, or by emailing us at privacy@JEOEL.com or adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may create on our sites.
You are advised to correct inaccuracies in your personal data using the online account you may establish on our websites. In addition, if you believe other personal data we maintain about you is inaccurate, you may request that we correct or amend the data by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section on our website. If we deny an access request, we will notify you of the reasons for the denial.
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not affiliated with JEOEL. Linked sites may have their own Privacy Policies, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with JEOEL, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal data we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we use Secure Sockets Layer encryption to protect certain of your purchase data while in transit.
Please note that no electronic transmission of data can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal data will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your JEOEL account user name and password and not share that data with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our sites. Please note that we will never ask for your JEOEL account user name or password via email.
How to Contact Us
The JEOEL Team
No. 40-46, Jalan Maarof,
59100 Kuala Lumpur.
Effective Date: 8 Feb, 2014